AWANA @ MBCGateway
Awana Registration form is now live. This form is for PARENTS registering clubbers, AND for VOLUNTEERS!
Club starts Wednesday and PotLuck at 5pm is a GO, so come on over! Club will be a bit of a soft start as we sort out some new volunteer roles, get the feel of the new schedule, and iron out any wrinkles in the mix! Come ready to connect with some new and old friends and families!
And BRING THOSE UNIFORMS!!
Keep reading for more detailed information on club this year!
Click Here for Bible Memorization Song!
MBC Awana club memebers at year end in May 2019
2019-2020 Calendar and Parent Update
Greetings parents and guadians and Awana Clubbers and volunteers! I am finally back at work, and I am very excited for our first full year of Awana Clubs at MBCGateway. Thanks for your patience, here are the details!
The calendar is set, and here is what it looks like.
SAT SEPT 21
AWANA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION (10:30am)
SEP 25 – KICKOFF
NOV 13 – OFFSITE EVENT
DEC 18 – CHRISTMAS PARTY
FEB 19 – OFFSITE EVENT
APR 15 – No Awana (Easter Week Break)
MAY 27 – CLUB FINALE
In total there will be 30 club meetings (Including Kickoff, Christmas Party and the Club Finale) and 2 scheduled offsite fun events (details TBD). All clubbers will receive an MBCKids Awana zipper tote to help them store and transport their Awana materials. Clubbers will also receive their appropriate handbook, uniform; all badges, prizes, and special awards, and store items they are eligible to purchase with their awana points.
The initial ministry vision of Awana at MBCGateway are:
1) to strengthen the discipleship of our MBCChurch family kids.
2) Outreach to unchurched families in the Gateway area
3) to provide discipleship to broader Christian community in Grande Prairie.
We are excited to minister to all three of these categories of clubbers; and the clubber experience is the same no matter which category the clubber is in. The only real place you’ll see a distinction is in the cost structure this year which reflects our desire to welcome unchurched families to Awana and recognize the significant investment our McLaurin famlies have already put into our building and mission.
These costs will fully fund club expenses including all crafts/games/supplies and the Christmas/Finale parties, and materials for our Jr. Leadership club, all without placing any additional financial burden on the church.
|MBCGateway Church Families
$60 per clubber
$40 per clubber with parent volunteer
|Church Families (non-MBC)
$100 per clubber
$60 per clubber with parent volunteer
No cost, donations accepted.
** NO COST for Grade 7 and up Jr Leadership Program volunteers **
WEEKLY AWANA CLUB SCHEDULE
Club schedule looks a bit different this year! Main changes involve splitting TNT and Sparks during games times.
|5:00 to 5:50||AWANA Family Potluck Supper!|
|5:50 to 6:00||Volunteer Prayer Gathering|
|6:00 to 6:25||Club Setup / Clubbers start checking in / PRECLUB Show|
|6:25 to 6:30||ALL Clubs – Opening Ceremonies|
|6:30 to 6:55||Welcome/Songs/story||Games Time||Handbook Time|
|6:55 to 7:20||Craft/Memory||Handbook Time||Games Time|
|7:20 to 7:50||Games Time||Large Group Time|
|7:50 to 8:00||Awards Time, Club Announcements, and Closing Prayer|
|8:00||Club Clean Up|
|8:15||Everyone goes Home|
- Cubbies will utilize sunday school common area for their games time this year.
- TNT/Sparks Game times are 25 mins to allow a full 30 mins Large Group time plus 10 mins closing
- This year, we will be dedicating 15 minutes after club to reset chairs, check washrooms, clean up, etc.
- Those who need to go home immediately may leave at 8:00
- We will evaluate these changes over the first month of club, and if necessary we will make adjustments.
MBCKIDS JR LEADERSHIP CLUB PROGRAM
Awana currently has regular AWANA programs in place for age 3 to Grade 6. For those in Grade 7-12, we are introducing the JR LEADERSHIP CLUB. Our ministry philosophy for this age group is rooted in the overarching MBCKids ministry vision; that students entering into Grade 7 are offered formal servant leadership opportunities in our ministries that include prayer, encouragement, and basic mentoring. Here are the main details.
- There is NO COST for children to enter this club – they will be helpful volunteers during wednesday clubs.
- Volunteer role for each member will depend on club needs and/or personal abilities.
- Unique JR Leadership Club Shirt/Uniform will be provided
- I will personally call or meet with each Jr Leadership Club member each week for prayer, debrief, etc.
- Jr. Leadership Club members will continue working through an AWANA Handbook
- Jr Leadership Club members can earn points for the Awana Store similar to other clubbers.
AWANA CLUB VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION
Our MBCKids volunteer orientation day is SEPTEMBER 21st (Saturday), and the AWANA CLUB volunteer session will begin at 10:30am. ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO COME. It will be a great time of fellowship, clarification and a chance to iron out any details that have been overlooked and to streamline processes.
CLUBBER REGISTRATION WILL BE POSTED ONLINE SOON! STAY CONNECTED VIA THE FOLLOWING: